Shalom Misphacha THA! Hello THA Family!
It’s that time of year again: welcome to your summer packet in preparation for a new school year. I hope you’ve had a great June and have wonderful things in store for July, and are as excited about a new school year as we are here on campus. It’s been a busy June around here, with major building renovations taking place alongside hiring of new staff and wrapping up the year. As always, we are here to help you with any and all school needs. The office is open to the public M-T 9 – 3 and Fridays from 9 – 12 throughout the summer, except for July 4th when we are closed for Independence Day. Call, click or visit – we’d love to see you!
Our first day of school is Wednesday, August 8th. Before that we invite all students and families to Meet Your Teachers on Monday, August 6th from 4-5, then our annual PTSO Back to School party from 5-7. A special Popsicle Party and building treasure hunt for our Kindergarten and 1st Grade students will be held in their classrooms that Monday from 3:30 – 4:00. Please note: our aftercare program will start the week of August 20th. We are pleased to be able to continue offering this support to our families at no cost, as well as our Boker Or (“Good Morning” before school supervision) program, which starts on August 9th at 7:00 a.m.
Please be sure to read our Parent-Student Handbook to be informed about important school policies. We hope to make this available online before school starts and if we meet this goal, we will email you to let you know. It will be provided in hard copy for each family on the first day of school. All students and families are required to turn in a form attesting to the fact that you have read the Handbook. If you have any questions or feedback regarding its contents, I would love to hear from you.
I am VERY excited to share that our process of digitizing office/school functions continues. You are now able to input/update your emergency information online! Gone is the chore of writing all that information out by hand year after year. Now, parents may log into their PortalPlus account and update any new information to keep us current. To support the transition this year, we’re including the hard copy emergency form if you’d like to fill it out manually. I encourage you to log in and do it online, as this will be our procedure in the future. If you need an assist, please give us a call or email Phill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School Year 2018 - 2019 Calendar
- Shabbat lunch order form and a Boonli.com memo for your use to order daily lunch throughout the year
- Emergency contact form (pdf) which now includes a permission form for staff to administer Tylenol or Ibuprofen as needed (suggestion: scan or snap a picture of this so next year it’s that much easier to do!)
- Three essential letters to families with students in grades 5-8 regarding the upcoming Upper School Mt. Lemmon Retreat (please login to access the Mt. Lemmon forms), Chromebook purchasing options, and some odds and ends information
- The JCC Roaming Policy form – signature required if you want your child to participate
- Forms for families who would like to use them to order/donate yearbooks and contribute towards art supplies (can be done on Smart Tuition instead!)
- Information about adding miscellaneous items to your Smart Tuition account and a handy schedule of fees for various school expenses (please login to view these documents)
- An update from our Development Department
- Essential information from PTSO, including opportunities for volunteering and Mitzvah Points information.
- Student school supply lists (please see right side menu)
- The Upper School Athletics packet
- After school options through the JCC
As always, we are here to support you and your children. You’ll receive excellent customer service from our office team, AM manager Tammy Westra and PM manager Cathy Echeverria, as well as our Finance Director, Emily Lunne and new Accounting Assistant, Kristina Wust. And of course, there’s me, Rabbi, Julee, Assistant Principal Kendra Citron, Director of Student Support Services (and now Admissions) Gabby Erbst, Counselor Felicia Cohen, our fabulous classroom teachers and other support staff… We are invested in you and love your children, and ready to work with you at any time.
We are pumped up and ready for an awesome school year! May the final weeks of summer be kind and memorable to you and yours. Thanks for being part of our family here at THA; we look forward to seeing you soon!