The best way to appreciate the Tucson Hebrew Academy is to visit and see our students and teachers in action. Personalized tours and interviews are scheduled throughout the year. During the tour, you will have the opportunity to spend time observing in our classrooms and learning about our unique interdisciplinary and integrated program in depth. We look forward to sharing the richness of THA with you.
During the admissions process, we gather information regarding the social, emotional, and cognitive development of each applicant. Information will be requested from prior educational settings, and we will administer developmentally appropriate screening and testing. Children must be 5 years old by September 1, to enter Kindergarten.
- Contact the Director of Admissions, Julee Dawson (email@example.com) or (520) -529-3888 x111 to make an appointment to meet for a personal tour of the school.
- Complete and submit the Admissions Application on-line. We encourage all applicants to apply on-line. The on-line application allows us to save trees and, at the same time, receive and process your application more quickly.
- Print a copy of the appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form (Kinder /1st) (2nd-8th) and submit to your child’s current teacher with an envelope addressed to THA. Grades 2-8 need to submit forms from 2 teachers.
- Print a copy of the Permission to Release Records and submit it to your child’s current school so that THA receives school records, report cards and standardized test scores for evaluation.
- Scan a copy of your child’s birth certificate and email it or mail a copy to THA.
- Applicants for kindergarten will participate in a scheduled Kindergarten Activity Day at THA as part of the screening process.
- Applicants applying to grades 1– 8 will spend time visiting THA for an entire day in a class corresponding to their current grade. This enables your child to experience THA and allows our staff to meet your child. During this scheduled visit, admission testing will be administered.
- Once the completed Admissions Application has been received and the visit and assessments have been completed, the Admissions Office will review all relevant information before making final acceptance decisions.
We look forward to meeting with you and beginning the admissions process.