PTSO welcomes you to the 2016-2017 school year!
PTSO stands for Parent Teacher and Student Organization. PTSO was created to help build community, provide support for teachers and help our students have the most amazing THA experience. Some of the ways that we do this are:
- Welcoming new students and their families to THA with our Welcome Committee
- Promoting intra-family communication through room parents and school directory
- Showing appreciation for our teachers and staff on an ongoing basis
- Fulfilling special needs of teachers through annual school-wide teacher grants
- Promoting comprehensive communication through monthly meetings which include student government, committee and THA administration reports
- Planning fun social events like the Welcome Back to School Pizza Party
Why get involved?
Involvement in the PTSO gives you an opportunity to meet other parents, provides opportunities to get to know school staff members and to learn how the school operates. The PTSO does great work, and without parent involvement, this work might not get done. Besides, it’s lots of fun!
How do I get involved?
All parents/guardians are automatically considered members of PTSO. Check out the list of PTSO committees and volunteer opportunites under How to Get Involved. Let us know how you would like to participate.
When and where are the meetings?
PTSO meets once a month with meeting dates and times listed under Meeting Dates. Please mark your calendar! We usually meet in the THA Library for about an hour. If you need to leave early for any reason, please don’t hesitate to join us and sneak out when you must. We’d much rather have you for part of the meeting than not at all!
Can I bring my younger children?
Yes! Your little one(s) can play while we meet.
How can I get involved if I can't attend meetings?
We have plenty of volunteer opportunities for working parents as well as those who are at home. Please contact a PTSO board member if you’d like to inquire further. We’d love for you to be a part of things!
Who do I contact if I have questions about PTSO?
The PTSO board members would be happy to speak with you, answer your questions, and listen to your concerns and suggestions. Feel free to contact us on campus or at home!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.